Friday, October 5, 2012

All in Good Time :)

By now, if you've been reading my blog, you know I'm a tad bit obsessed with this little place. :) Yes, I even do a little "pinning" at work. Don't tell anyone!! Sometimes I blog from work too. But it's OK. I'm supposed to be studying, when I'm not working. But I don't always have something to work on.

Back to the reason for this post. A while back, probably still during summer, I saw this picture. Then when I joined Pinterest, I went searching for it again. There was just something about it, that made me happy.


I wanted some bracelets just like this. Of course, the pin lead to nowhere. :( But I kept my eyes open. Before the "back to school" madness hit our local Target, I went for some essentials. Cleaning supplies, TP, a little chocolate, and some shampoo. But if you're anything like me, you ALWAYS look around. :) Which I did.

Low and behold, right there in their jewelry section, were these bracelets. $15 a piece. Normally, I would have picked up 1 or 2. But we were saving for our wedding. And I knew, I would have a hefty tuition payment due soon.

Yes, I stood there for 20 minutes looking at them. Thinking about this pin. Loving all the colors. But I walked away. Rewarding myself with some Target popcorn instead. That is heaven in a bag!!

Fast forward a few weeks. Actually it was more like 2 months. :) I was back at Target. Looking for a black cardigan. And a new scarf. I ended up not finding either. :( I know. Makes me sad too!! But I was just looking around. You know the back areas of the different departments. Love how Target tries to hide their clearance stuff!!

They had 6 basket full of jewelry!! All kinds. Earrings, rings, necklaces, bracelets, watches. Everything was a disaster!! It looked like they had just put these baskets out. But everything was so mixed up. And tangled.

There were also a ton and a half of boxes. With different types of things inside. Some were 3 pairs of earrings. Others had necklaces. Nothing that really "spoke" to me. Not even with some of the price tags, just being $3-5. That is, until I found those long, skinny boxes. With these bracelets. The ones I've been wanting. With a price of $7.50!!

This was yesterday. I had met a friend for lunch. Since our class was cancelled. Then we made a quick trip to Target. I picked up 3. Then I went to checkout. The bracelets rang up for $3.25 each!! This was so exciting. See in good time, you get a good deal. I got 3 bracelets, for less than the original price of 1!! And yes, I'm wearing them today. :)

No comments: