Friday, January 20, 2012

Please Teach Me!!

I've been wearing makeup for years now. Nothing too complicated. Nothing too extravagant. Nothing too fabulous. I've always wanted to learn how to do "more complicated" makeup. But where do you learn?

There are just some women, that know how to do such things. They make magic, out of their makeup. Me? Not so much. I throw on some lipstick, sweep on some eyeshadow. Once in a while, I'll pull out blush. My one "go-to" makeup item is mascara. It's the one thing, that I'm really good at. Heck, I've got to ask someone to help me pick the right foundation color.

Don't ask me to do my own eyebrows. Or put on eyeliner. Dear me, oh my!! Eyeliner and I, are enemies. Not even frenemies. We are enemies!! I don't know how to apply it. And honestly, it's just a disaster. All. The. TIME!! Let's not even talk about putting a pointy item, near your eye!!

Then I go on these little kicks. I watch a ton of beauty videos on YouTube. Look through a bunch of beauty blogs. Eventually, I land on Pinterest. Drooling over pins like this.....



How do they do it? Practice? Because boy, I practice. If I spend 45 minutes, I can get the eyeshadow to halfway look like this. My eyelashes always look full. It's the one thing I know how to do. Slap on 3 coats of mascara. My eyebrows, well I pay to have those babies done. And they look good.

But that eyeliner. I just can't get the hang of it. My lines are wobbly, uneven, and crooked. One eye has a thick line. The other, has a gap between my eyeliner and eyelashes. :( Why can't I do this? Oh, let's not even get started on "tight lining." Or lining my bottom lashes. All these things, make me look like a raccoon. Or like my little nephew did my makeup.....

Does anyone have tips and tricks? Is there a specific YouTuber that I should be watching? A place I can go to learn. Or even a product that I should be using? Yes, I'm asking you. And you!! Please help a girl out. I'd love to recreate something like this. :)

No comments: