Friday, February 10, 2012

A Gift for My Love.....

Ignacio and I were trying to decide on what to do for Valentine's Day. Being that we're saving money for our wedding. And we really didn't want to spend money, that well, we could spend on our wedding.

We decided on a low-key Valentine's Day this year. Which is pretty ironic. The last few years, we've made big plans. Gone out. Not on the actual day, but close to Valentine's day. Mostly because Ignacio usually has a day full of gigs. That's part of being in love with a musician. :)

But this year, we're going to order in some good food. Rent a few of our favorite movies. And spend a quiet night at home. Just me and him. Celebrating our love!! ;) Gift wise, well we were thinking something small. Not too much money. Just a small gift.

Immediately, I had no clue what to buy. Ignacio is not a complicated man. Heck, he'd be thrilled with an ice cream cake. Or a new CD. But I wanted a more meaningful gift. I took to the internet. And searched.....

Pinterest had all sorts of fun ideas. Jars with sticks, with ideas of things to do for one another. Decks of cards, with reasons why I love Ignacio. Little gift basket ideas. Things that he'd enjoy. But nothing seemed intimate enough. You know, special and meaningful.

I kept searching. My searching also turned to engagement picture ideas. Things we want to try out. we're taking our engagement pictures, at the end of the month. Ignacio also joined me for a little while. We were looking at things that we enjoyed together. While searching, I suggested to Ignacio, that we should make something for each other. For Valentine's Day. He liked the idea.

Well, to my surprise, we found a picture that we really enjoyed. An idea that seemed intimate, timeless, and perfect!! Something to capture this exact moment in our lives. Then it hit me, we could do this for each other. For Valentine's Day. :)


What do you think? Ignacio liked the idea too! Immediately, we called our photographer. We hadn't even noticed that it was nearly 10pm!! But she loved the idea! And we made the appointment. You see, the picture above, is actually 2 pictures. Framed separately. But hung like this. :)

Ignacio went yesterday. While I was in class. And this evening, when Ignacio  went to work, I went to the photographers. I really can't wait to see our pictures!! We've been guaranteed, that they'd be ready on Valentine's Day. And now, I'm so excited!! This is going to be something that we'll have, and cherish for years and years. :)

No comments: