Monday, February 6, 2012

Dress of My Dreams!!

My sisters convinced me, that I needed to search out a wedding dress. Since now. OK, it wasn't that hard to convince me. They told me that there were 2 sales going on. And well, we went. Spent an entire day, playing dress up!! Figuring out what worked, and what didn't.

I knew I wasn't going to buy anything. Not yet. Being that our wedding date, is more than a year away!! But I wanted to start looking at my options. Deciding what I liked. And what I didn't. Because really, I've never thought of a specific wedding dress.

There are a few things that I knew ahead of time. I wanted a somewhat traditional dress. With lace. But not a ballgown. I want to get married outside. So my dress needs to reflect that. Nothing too crazy. But something timeless, and elegant.

We looked around. I found a few things that I liked. But nothing that just screamed "that's my dress." I spent some serious time, going through bridal magazines. Tons of them actually!! But nothing was really standing out. There were things I liked from this dress, and things I liked from that dress. But not a single dress, that had them all.

My sister suggested that I search online. I took to some bridal websites. Saw things that I really enjoyed. I actually printed out a few dresses, and emailed links to a local shop. Then, while searching for outdoor wedding ideas on Pinterest, I found her!!


Isn't she gorgeous?? I like that this dress isn't completely strapless. Being that we're getting married by a priest. I feel strongly, that I need to be covered up, in a religious ceremony. The lace is just amazing!! And the silhouette is just perfect!!

I would like a deep red flower instead. I've searched around, looking for the source. With no luck!! But the lady at our local bridal shop, told me she'd do some searching. And if she couldn't find it, we could actually have it made. And ahead of time. So I can see it, and really fall in love. You know, with plenty of time before our wedding. :)

It's crazy how life works out. But it's nice. I'm also thinking about wearing red shoes. I think that would be nice. I'm so glad that my sisters took me shopping. :) And I've been assured, that this dress, should be in my budget. Who knows, I might even start ordering our wedding favors too!!

No comments: