Monday, February 20, 2012

Beautiful!!

I took to Pinterest for a little inspiration again. :) I've been looking for outdoor ideas. I haven't really "nailed" what I want. But I've been searching.

I've also been talking to 2 of my friends. Louisa and Manders. About wedding ideas. Louisa is getting married in June. And Manders is doing all the hair, makeup, and nails.....for both our weddings. :)

I think with my dress, the outdoor ceremony, and a simple, floor length veil.....that it would be best to wear my hair up. I started searching out "up dos." Most looked like "prom hairstyles." Nothing that I was envisioning. Then I talked to Manders again.

She showed me the picture that Louisa found. It's amazing!! Too bad, I can't find it now. :( It's what I was thinking of. Loose, elegant, soft. Again, I searched. With no luck! A lot of the hairstyles that I liked, were modeled on blonds. Which I'm not!! And I think, what made them look so good, was the highlights and lowlights. My hair is dark. Super dark.

I immediately knew, I needed something different. More simple. Something that highlighted my natural hair. More than anything, I didn't want to look so different, that I didn't recognize myself. Do you know what I'm talking about? Have you seen those brides. The ones that you have to do a double take with. To make sure, that it's the same person. Ya, I don't want that!!


Manders emailed me this picture early last week. And I LOVE it!! I actually had seen it a while back, on Pinterest. When I went back to look, I just knew, this was going to be it. We're trying it out later this week. To be honest, we don't have to. I'm already sold!

I think this will be a nice hairstyle. Something that my veil can work well with. But after the ceremony, and I take my veil off, will still look nice. And polished. I'm glad that these pieces are falling into the puzzle nicely. And so early!! This wedding planning business, isn't so bad after all. :)

No comments: