Monday, February 27, 2012

Be Patient and Pray

Do you ever wake up, and just thank God for the people he sends into your life? Recently, I've been doing this a lot. I mean a lot!! I don't think I've mentioned this before. You know that Ignacio is a professional musician. He's got his teaching degree, for music. But he prefers to perform. He's a professional mariachi. And teaches private lessons during the week.

Years ago, he was in another really good mariachi. From what I hear. I didn't know him at the time. Essentially, the musicians were all so good, that they were asked to join the "touring groups." As in the elite professional mariachis. That meant their local group broke up.

3/4 of the guys went to the professional touring groups. The other 1/4 wanted to stay right here. As I hear it, Ignacio had only played in the group for 6-8 months. He was also in college. And decided to stay home. But he kept in touch with these other musicians.

A handful of those guys, joined 1 local group. It's the best group here. They weren't looking for anymore violin players. That's what Ignacio plays. Just a few months before that, they had hired 4 violin players. Ignacio, and 1 other guy, went to a different group.

A lot happened since then. A big flood, here in town. That split that group, between 2 cities. The jefe of the group (boss) had a family emergency. That took him out of state, for a few years. Things like that. But the group, stayed together. Rallied around each other. And they are so good!! They even have one woman in the group. Who rocks the socks off of people. She is that good!!

This woman, also happens to be a good friend. And when the mariachi was looking for another violin player, she remembered Ignacio. It didn't hurt, that they ran into each other one day. You see, her "day job" is working at a hospital. And during the Fall, Ignacio had to go to the ER one day. We ran into Chiquitita. I'd never met her. But she was incredibly sweet!! Made sure that we got the best care.

About a week later, Ignacio had a follow up appointment, and we decided to have lunch at the hospital after. Mostly for the sake of time. And we were hungry!! We ran into Chiquitita again. And she started to tell us about this opening in the group. Ignacio and her set up a time, that he could go audition.

Next thing I knew, Ignacio had the job!! I know, a lot of it is because of our friend. She put in a good word for Ignacio. It's been a complete blessing!! In more ways, than I can even begin to tell you. The money is a lot better!! Ignacio has so much more work now. And steady work. He's in the best group, in this area. There's a lot of traveling. Oh, and this flipping AMAZING group of friends!!

Sorry about that long run on. But it helps you to better understand the following things. We have a new "family." That embraces us. The reality of our situation is, that weeks after Ignacio got this new job, we moved in together. Never brought it up to anyone. That I was moving. But on "moving day" all these wonderful people were there. To help us. And they brought lots of food!! And some gifts. :)

From the beginning, they invited us into their "circle." To join them twice a week for church and dinner. Every Tuesday and Thursday night, we meet. It's just over an hours drive for us. But it's so worth it!! The friendships that have bloomed, in such a short amount of time, are so strong. Intimate. And much needed!!

Now with Lent, we'll meet more often. Our church has special masses, almost every day. And I'm looking forward to it. The ladies also invite me to a bible study. For women. And it was such a nice retreat. I learned so much about myself. About what I want in life. And I've gotten so much closer with God!!


These ladies, have opened their hearts to me. Especially, this lady. Who inspired me, to start a blog. This man, opens his home to us, all the time. He feeds us all, and never asks for anything in return. This "family" was unexpected. But were so happy for them!!

When my week is not going as planned, I can turn to any one of these people. For an ear to listen, a shoulder to lean on, some advise, and lots of prayer. It means so much to me. I've never had a lot of friends. I've had a few, close friends. But this new situation, makes me so happy. And thankful. That God would bless Ignacio and I, with such sweet and pure souls.

I've learned so much about life, in just a few short months. I've learned to appreciate more. To pray, and depend on God, much more than I was doing. That there are incredible people out there. I've been inspired to be a better person. To do more for others. To be more, like this lady. Who gives with all her heart. Not ever thinking, of what she will get in return. I'm glad that God sent us, these friends. Who with all honesty, are our new family!!

No comments: