Friday, August 24, 2012

Back to Normal :)

Since June, our little routine has been "off." Mems and Cari headed to Mexico. For the entire summer!! Our usual "dinner and church" routine had to change. You know, since Mems was going to be gone all summer. Jelly and Selena stepped up. Offering their homes.

And when they left on their summer trip, Amelia and I offered up our homes. We live an hour away from everyone else. Linda and Gabi did too! Both are expecting baby girls. And Maria and Dawn offered too! We were just trying to keep our little routine going. :)

Now let me tell you, I'm no cook! So when we had company, I made simple meals. Or bought some food. :) Thank you KFC!! You do make chicken right. It was rough. But we tried to make it just as fun. Grilling out a few nights. But it was different from our "normal."

Oh, and our dear Chiquitita has been sick. Since June!! So she went up north. We missed her so much too! Can you tell, we just weren't in our element. We felt like we were missing an arm or something. It just showed me and Ignacio, how close we've become to all of our friends. :)

At the beginning of the month, most of our friends came home. From their exploration of the state. Mems and Cari came back on Monday. Just in time for Cari to start school. And on Tuesday, this mujer came back.

It didn't mean that Tuesday was back to normal. But it was getting there. We went to church. Then ran to the soccer fields, to see this little guy and this one, play soccer. First game of their season. It was a lot of fun!! Not only did we cheer on the boys, we also enjoyed some yummy food. Cooked for us, by Mems.


Last night was back to normal. :) We went to church. Met at Mems' house for dinner. And spent hours catching up. Laughing. Looking at pictures. Just enjoying life. And let me tell you, all summer, I've been looking forward to this night.

This little quote, I found it on Pinterest. It made me think, of all our wonderful friends. How they've showed Ignacio and I, a different way of life. How to be better people. And enjoy the little things in life. If it's true, that we become like the 5 people, we spend the most time with.....I'm glad that we spend so much time with our friends. I wouldn't mind being just like them!!

No comments: