Thursday, September 13, 2012

Making Our Way.....

We started one our adventures. Headed to Las Vegas. It's supposed to take some 12 hours. We're driving. But we put in a 2 hour cushion. To make any needed stops. We are traveling with my grandparents, and nieces and nephews. And somehow, we're supposed to all meet up at 6pm. For dinner.

Most of Ignacio's family left yesterday. And spent the last night in Las Vegas. But we had a few things left to get done. We decided to drive. For 2 reasons. 1 it's cheaper. Way cheaper. Two, we're traveling with my abuelitos, and nieces and nephews. My very pregnant sister, would also like to say, she prefers driving. :)

We left early. Cars packed. Full!! Of people, and wedding goods. All I can think about, is Ignacio. How he's doing? If he's working too hard. If he's really OK after those floods. You know, it would flood in Las Vegas. Days before our wedding. :)

And I can't help, but think about my abuelito. How is he really doing?? Should we really be making him, travel all this way. With such little time, should we have just waited. I can't help, but to have these things on my mind. No matter how hard, I try not to think about them.

In the last few days, I've tried to remain calm. To remember the reason for all of this. Because I love Ignacio. And I love my abuelito. And I want both of them, to share in this big day. I want to marry my best friend. And I want my abuelito to "give me away."

To keep me a bit more "occupied," I joined Twitter and Pinterest this week. I know!! You would have thought, like a year ago, I would have joined. But it took until this week. I also joined Facebook. But since there is a bit more personal information on there, if you want to "friend" me, leave me a comment. :)

I've also been really thinking about the things, I want from our wedding. The memories I want to make. And keep. Things that not only will be special now. But in the future. Most of these, being pictures. Really, we've given up so much already. Just trying to make this wedding happen. That I knew, I wanted a good photographer.

I just want to have pictures, that I can look back on. And remember this special day. And all of those people, that shared in our special day. It should be no surprise, that I turned to Pinterest. My oldest sister and I, just cried our eyes out. Over this picture.


We were thinking the same thing. At the same moment. My abuelito and me. We HAVE to get one just like this!! HAVE TO!! And I'm not joking about all the crying. It's a good thing, that my mom and abuelitos were napping. And my dad is concentrating on the road.

That's what we're doing today. Making our way. Please say a few extra prayers for us. That we all get there safely. And return safely on Monday. I'm going to go back to "pinning" some ideas. We've still got 5 1/2 hours on the road!!

No comments: