Wednesday, September 12, 2012

So Ready!!

In the morning, actually in a few short hours, I leave for Las Vegas. Just days, before Ignacio and I get married. I'm not scared. Or nervous. Or even anxious. I'm ready!!

Since we realized we'd have to move our wedding date up, it's been go, go, go. And I knew, that I'd be in charge of so much. Because Ignacio had to work all this week. I'm sure, we could have asked for the week off. But in all reality, this week is really important. Not just for his career. But for our bank account.

I talked to my professors, Who were all so sweet. And understanding. I went to my classes Monday and Tuesday. Went to 2 classes today. And to take 2 exams today. I will have off, until next Wednesday. It's not all fun and games. I've been studying my brains out! Doing so much homework. All to keep up, with my classes.

Today, I finally got to see my dress. And the bridesmaids' dresses. They are gorgeous!! My sister picked up all the shoes. And I'm pretty positive, that we've got everything! Fingers crossed gente!! Because in a few hours, we are on our way to Las Vegas. You know, to meet up with Ignacio and all our amigos.


It's been go, go, go. But I haven't yet, felt overwhelmed. I owe a lot of that, to my amazing friends. Most of which, I met only after meeting Ignacio. That's one amazing part of him being in the mariachi. We are all like family. Depending on each other. Really, helping everyone out.

Yes, they've been in Las Vegas since Monday. I owe so much to this mujer!! Who not only booked the chapel, and the reception space.....but also made our decorations. And probably called in every favor she could!! Yes, Ignacio and I are so lucky.

Most of all, I have Ignacio to thank. He keeps my head on straight. Reminds me of what is important. That at the end of the day, we're doing this, because we're in love. And we want to share this special time, with our familia. That's the important stuff.

Yes, I'm ready to be married. Ready to start my life with Ignacio. Ready to be his Mrs. Ready to celebrate with our family and friends. Only today, did I realize our actual wedding date. September 16, 2012. To those of you who don't know, that's Mexico's Independence Day. Sorta just works out. :)

It's very different from April 27, 2013. But close to that other big Mexican holiday.....Cinco de Mayo. It all works out well. And like I said, it only matters that Ignacio and I are getting married. And sharing this time with our family and friends. At the end of the day, those are the things that really matter in life. Not the "perfect dress, cake, date, and hair." Yes, we've got our priorities. For us, it's all about the people. And real emotions.

No comments: